From the article: Internet Connection Alternatives for Home Networks
Some types of Internet cost more than others. For many people, the cost of basic Internet service like cable or DSL has been decreasing over the last several years. Newer options like mobile broadband or fiber, however, tend to have higher price tags. Some are willing to pay more for faster speed and convenience, others not so much. Whichever type of Internet access you use, how much do you pay for it? Has your cost gone up or down lately? Per Month or Year
- 240kbps of DL and around 20kbps upload for US$32.5 a month. Sucks ***
- —Guest PHSucks
Expensive in Argentina
- For Internet only, I pay around 40 USD for 6 Mbps. I tested it, and it was only 0.65 Mbps.
- —Guest somelone
- I have Comcast High Speed Internet $52.00/month they say 20+ mbs but most of the time it sucks, I cant even stream video at peak hours, I had U-verse at my old house it was $30.00/month and was a lot faster all the time. Comcast likes to play games.
- —Guest Don Man
- Around 50 Euros / monthly, DSL, around 10 Mb/s download (but in actuality 8 mbps :)), with a telephone line paid off.
- —Guest Eden
Singapore 50Mbps fiber
- SGD29 (around USD24) per month for 50Mbps using M1 fiber broadband
- —Guest izzyzc
- Pay 1500 DDK (258 USD). I have 100 GB monthly download and upload with speed at 4 mbits.... After 100 gb used the speed goes down to 256 kbits. 3 years ago... We payed 1000 DDK (172 USD) for 6 GB up and down... More cost now but speed was only 1 mbits then.
- —Guest Tena
Philippines Manila Globe telecom
- I pay 4299 php for 10Mbps - that's about 106$/month. Its fiber optic, very fast but expensive. Here in the Philippines they have new bundles for fiber optics that can go way above 200mbps, but only companies can afford to pay more than 500$/month.
- —Guest coconutboy12
- Virgin charge over £50 a month for BB [broadband], TV and LL [landline phone]. TV is mostly dross now so I've cancelled that for their BB only at £17.50 month.
- —Guest spezzer
- I pay 70USD for 1 mbps download and 0.44 mbps upload. Etisalat = rip off!
- —Guest craig
Middle of nowhere in Minnesota
- I pay $54 for 10 mbps download with DSL... and you HAVE to have a telephone line - $25 more :(
- —Guest Jim
- I pay 140EGP to enjoy 1mbps Internet from the provider "TE Data." The actual max. download speed is 116kbps and the upload speed is 30kbps.
- —Guest Omar
Serbia not affordable
- I live in Serbia, and just about 2 months ago, 56KBs was 10 dollars. Now 256KBs is 12 dollars. The thing is ,average salary here is 300 dollars a month which is pretty damn low and people here mostly use 56K because of it. Can't believe it.
- —Guest Milan
Slow speeds in the Middle east
- I am from the Middle East. It's unlimited bandwidth, and I pay 50$. The download speed is 70 Kbit/s and 200 Kbps from Youtube. The upload speed is less...
- —Guest Yahya
- We have a 65$ contact with cable provider Ziggo. A bit expensive, but I get 60mbps (7.5MB download, solid). I'm not sure about upload but that goes pretty quick too. By the way, this contract includes 12 HD channels and maybe 70 or so regular ones.
- —Guest Guestino
Price in Serbia
- I pay about 20$ per month for 7Mps download and 256kbs upload, unlimited internet. Contract is signed for two years and first 6 months are free, and no installation tax.
- —Guest Milos
1-15 of 88Next