When setting up a home home network router
, you will be prompted to log into the router as the administrator. The default administrator login information (user name and password) is set on the router at the factory. Although you can change these settings after first sign on, it is not required.
The default login information for Linksys routers depends on the model as shown below.
Default user names:
- Linksys BEFW11S4, WRT54G: admin
- Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Ethernet routers: Administrator
- Linksys Comcast routers: comcast
- All other Linksys routers: [none]
- Linksys BEFW11S4: [none]
- Linksys Comcast routers: 1234
- All other Linksys routers: admin
Where the word [none]
is listed above, no name or password is required. Simply skip or press the Enter/Return key when prompted for those settings.
→ See also
- Linksys E1000 Default Password
, Linksys WRT54G Default Password