The Bottom Line
- Full discussion of the business software lifecycle
- Includes sample exam and chapter review questions
- Extremely well written and organized
- Not enough emphasis on systems maintenance issues
- Part I introduces the CISS certification and Internet business computing models like client/server.
- Part II covers phases of a software development lifecycle, particularly system testing, in detail.
- In Part III, application support issues such as system management are discussed.
- Parts IV and V contain five case studies and two sets of sample certification exam questions.
- Appencies list additional recomments texts as well as answers to exam and other review questions.
Guide Review - "Cisco Internet Applications and Solutions Self-Study Guide" by Wilkes
Chapter 3 on Application Design and Development is the book's centerpiece and a truly excellent 150-page description of the business software lifecycle from an IT perspective. Other chapters reinforce the lifecycle themes with practical detail.
Readers will gain an in-depth understanding of the role of IT in business application development as well as the purpose and scope of the CISS certification.