1. Technology

Bradley Mitchell

About 192.168.2.1

By January 31, 2007

| Definition | The IP address 192.168.2.1 is a default for some SMC, Belkin and other home broadband routers and similar types of network equipment. 192.168.2.1 is a private IP address useful on a local home network or business intranet.
→ See also 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1, two popular alternatives.
Comments
May 8, 2007 at 1:47 pm
(1) LenaPena says:

I own a belkin router, have been trying to access that IP address for days now – it is down all the time. I am soooo unhappy with my AT&T DSL+Siemens SpeedStream4100 ADSL modem+Belkin router package

May 20, 2007 at 5:49 pm
(2) shankut says:

I own BelkinHigh speed Wireless G Router and every time I set it up it works for a month and then suddenly disconnects itself. Access to IP address shows the router is disconncted. Tried to phone Belkin, they say user id and passwords are in correct. But that is not true. When I disconnect wireless and use modem the connction is fine with same user id and password. I am sooo unhappy with Belkin.

June 24, 2007 at 2:50 pm
(3) Alister says:

Having just purchased a N1 Wireless Modem Router I am totally frustrated at trying to carry out the security setup. I’ve followed the instructions to the letter in the Setup Guide that came with it. I type in 192.168.2.1, am asked to log in and since I “have not yet set a password leave the field blank” click submit and NOTHING!!!! What is going wrong?

July 30, 2007 at 8:20 pm
(4) gavin says:

use your log as admin and pw as 1234

August 7, 2007 at 7:31 am
(5) Grace says:

My SMC router uses it, works just fine. Except the address got hijacked – took me to an Apache server page ??? – which I traced to an NVidia folder on my computer… Since I like Apache, I changed my router’s address. Had to do it from another computer though since I can’t get to it from mine. Now the Apache page is gone! And 192.168.2.1 cannot be found!

February 3, 2008 at 9:02 am
(6) S.Davis says:

Have spent hours trying to connect up a Belkin Router. The 192.168.2.1, number is a con. No one seems to be able to use it and Belkin are obviously not interested once they have your money. I will try to take it back tomorrow. I would like to har other comments about this white elephant.
S.Davis stanleyd@waitrose.com

March 8, 2008 at 3:38 pm
(7) ann brown says:

I also seem to have this problem.

August 18, 2008 at 11:52 am
(8) Eric says:

Yeah I’ve had a belkin wireless -n router for about 6 or 7 months now and it has caused me more stress and headaches than I can stand. Tomorrow I’m gonna smash it into the concrete and get a usb type wireless router. Heard they were the best since you are already on one router, no fuss between two different ones. I HATE BELKIN ROUTERS!!!

June 17, 2009 at 4:31 pm
(9) Franco Osele says:

Belkin Enhanced Modem Router is a mess. I think im’gonna crash it on a wall one of these days.I yust can’t find a way to enter set up web page.They say that you don’t need a password…I say you have better feed horses.

June 19, 2009 at 9:04 pm
(10) Franco Osele says:

I have an important message to deliver to all the people having problems to reach set up web page for belkin enhanced modem router. All you have to do is simply reset it with a needle or a teeth stick into a small hole behind signed reset.All that little green lights will turn off ; after awhile you will see internet light flashing yellow.At this point you must insert installation cd and follow the instructions.You will easily reach the set up web page everytime you want and do what you want.I beg Belkin’s staff pardon for my previous comment.

November 5, 2009 at 3:52 pm
(11) p simmomds says:

BELKIN Routers are JUNK,JUNK,JUNK.

July 29, 2013 at 6:28 am
(12) butt injections says:

Hi i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anywhere, when i read this article i thought i
could also make comment due to this good
post.