Setup suddenly stopped working
- I have Wi-fi in my house. I get about one to three bars during a game. I have a D-link wireless router, and my Xbox Live was working fine. Three days ago, it just recently stopped working. I tried everything on xbox.com connection help, and it still didn't solve anything. I took my hard drive to my friend's house, and it worked fine. I was able to get online but for some reason when I bring it to my house it doesn't. I tried using an Ethernet cord hooked up to my laptop - it says I get Internet but no Xbox Live. It won't let me in youtube either. This Xbox 360 is one of the new ones with built in Wi-fi.
- —Guest babe61490
3 bars but Test Connection fails
- I go to network settings and my connection shows up with 3 bars. I go to it and try to test connection but it wont connect to my router when it clearly works for my laptop.
- —Guest Air Swelly
Can't recover from a cable outage
- I've been on xbox live for over two months now, and it was great, but now my system won't connect to Xbox Live. I've tried most everything except calling Microsoft - that will be my last resort. This happened two weeks ago when my cable went out, and now every time I try to connect it says "Can't connect to Xbox LIVE." Like I said, I've tried everything.
- —Guest lonepanda65
WEP vs. WPA setup
- I have a WEP [device] connecting my Xbox to the Internet. It doesn't work. They say I need a WPA [device] to make it work.
- —Guest robert serrao
Drops out after five minutes
- When I get on, if I'm online or not, for no reason it disconnects. But when I press the silver "X" it shows Connect and I press it, it logs in with no problem. Then cuts out again after 5 minutes!
- —Guest xXPoserXx
No Live at the hotel
- I am on vacation and brought my Xbox to a hotel where there's wireless WiFi, but it won't let me sign into Xbox Live.
- —Guest Eddie
- My router resets every time Itry to use Youtube or Filmfirst or MSN on my Xbox 360 with the latest Live update.
- —Guest Aiden
Connection lost when starting a game
- My Live connects to the Xbox home screen, but when i try to play, it signs out when I get to the home screen of the game. Then when I try and connect to Xbox Live, it tells me my connection was lost.
- —Guest Blackhawk
Kinect won't work over wireless
- My Kinect that has a built in Wifi wont connect to my home Internet. It works when I use a Ethernet cable, except when I join a match I play for about 30 seconds then am kicked.
- —Guest steve
Won't get an IP address via wireless
- It won't connect to the Wi-Fi in my house - doesn't get the IP address. But my buddies does - his is wired.
- —Guest mike
Can't find my network password
- I have an xbox360 kinect 4g and it already has a built in wireless connection, I'm having a hard time finding out my network password. -cece
- —Guest cece
MTU Is Too Low
- I don't get it: I was playing on Live, but it disconnected me and says my MTU is too low. But mine is set above that.
- —Guest Alex
Disconnected After 5 Minutes
- Xbox Live is disconnected after 5 minutes while i am playing Kinect sports whether I am playing the game online or not.
- —Guest mohamed sayed
Can't discover Xbox 360 from a PC
- I've got an Xbox 360 Arcade and wanting to know how to make it discoverable. It has built in Wifi. My mum has been trying to pick it up on her PC but can't.
- —Guest dj maddog
Can't find my WPA key
- I don't know what WPA key to use for connecting my Xbox console to the wireless network.
- —Guest donald