Can't use a USB adapter
- I downloaded the Windows Connect [tool from Microsoft] and connected to my Internet router, but it says to get a wireless adapter. Can't I use my USB adapter? [ Ed.: No, generic USB network adapters will not work - see - http://compnetworking.about.com/od/xbox360livenetwork/f/install-wifi.htm ]
- —Guest jabbed
Can't connect to neighbor's router
- I wanted pick up an Internet signal off someone's wireless router for my Xbox 360, but it didn't work.
- —Guest dayon thomas
Worked yesterday but not today
- The Xbox Live doesn't connect today although it was working yesterday morning. My Internet is working.
- —Guest joshua
Won't stay connected thru Netgear router
- My Xbox disconnects me from Xbox Live. I get several different error messages - one is that NAT needs to be opened. I opened the NAT and still not connecting though.
- —Guest Ant
Have access to Live but no game sessions
- When running a network status check, it connects to Xbox Live perfect. Tests come back good. Then it allows you to press Y for status that comes up with W.0000-0021 X.0400-F001 Y.20A8-4840 Z.0000-0000 ID:FFFF-FFFF I want to play Bad Company 2 online, but when I search for a game it says "Can't find any games at this time please try again" I've been trying for days now and it's ticking me off.
Can't connect to passcode WiFi hotspot
- I have a good signal to a wireless hotspot and I also have a username and password, but I cannot connect to the hotspot with my Xbox.
- —Guest giffordcasey
Can't configure the wireless adapter
- My friend who has Xbox Live gave me a wireless adapter. The home screen came up but the orange light kept on flashing. I tested my connection and it did not work. My wireless router is working because my laptop is on now perfectly.
- —Guest footballpro2010
Xbox Live update caused name confusion?
- My WiFi was working fine till the new [Xbox Live] update came and downloaded. Then it lost connection. Now the router that the WiFi links to can't tell the difference in the names Xbox Live and xbox.com.
- —Guest tryple blac
Wireless option not shown
- The option for wireless network doesn't even come up...
- —Guest chrisschris
Adapter doesn't work
- There isn't any power light on (the adapter), and it doesn't show up on my configuration settings screen - nothing works.
- —Guest brandyn
Won't take my WPA settings
- Can't log on to Live because the Xbox won't take my WPA key. It will (only) take my WPA password instead (of the key).
- —Guest Elmer Palmer
Only works at the neighbor's
- I took my Xbox to my friends house, and it worked fine there. I took it home, and now it finds the network and Live... but is says wireless status disconnected and it wont work from there.
- —Guest ellis
Asks for a WPA key
- When I click my Wifi in the Xbox it keeps saying to write the WPA number.
- —Guest tenzin
Nothing but disconnects
- It always says Disconnected on Xbox 360 (but my PS3 doesn't have a problem.)
- —Guest guest
Disconnects, failed joins, and lag
- My connection to the Internet has four bars, but I can't stay connected to Xbox Live for that long. It won't let me join parties or games sometimes. Also, my mic lags on my Xbox, but when I brought it to my friends house it worked fine.
- —Guest Jon