Xbox Live update caused name confusion?
- My WiFi was working fine till the new [Xbox Live] update came and downloaded. Then it lost connection. Now the router that the WiFi links to can't tell the difference in the names Xbox Live and xbox.com.
- —Guest tryple blac
Wireless option not shown
- The option for wireless network doesn't even come up...
- —Guest chrisschris
Adapter doesn't work
- There isn't any power light on (the adapter), and it doesn't show up on my configuration settings screen - nothing works.
- —Guest brandyn
Won't take my WPA settings
- Can't log on to Live because the Xbox won't take my WPA key. It will (only) take my WPA password instead (of the key).
- —Guest Elmer Palmer
Only works at the neighbor's
- I took my Xbox to my friends house, and it worked fine there. I took it home, and now it finds the network and Live... but is says wireless status disconnected and it wont work from there.
- —Guest ellis
Asks for a WPA key
- When I click my Wifi in the Xbox it keeps saying to write the WPA number.
- —Guest tenzin
Nothing but disconnects
- It always says Disconnected on Xbox 360 (but my PS3 doesn't have a problem.)
- —Guest guest
Disconnects, failed joins, and lag
- My connection to the Internet has four bars, but I can't stay connected to Xbox Live for that long. It won't let me join parties or games sometimes. Also, my mic lags on my Xbox, but when I brought it to my friends house it worked fine.
- —Guest Jon
Ask friends to set it up
- I don't even know how to set up a Wi Fi adaptor. My friends tell me to hook it and that is it.
- —Guest blake
Need a cooperative neighbor
- I have a iPod touch and I get my neighbors WiFi with that. If I buy a wireless adapter for my Xbox 360, then I could get Xbox Live.
- —Guest Ernesto
Obtains the wrong (?) IP
- The Xbox states it can not obtain IP, but i have the IP manually entered with gateway and subnet mask. If set for automatic the IP on the xbox is not the same as my Wi-Fi, yet i can get the IP's from the Network Connection Properties on my PC. It's doing my head in.
- —Guest davie
- My home hub will just cut off my 360 Live connection suddenly, at random, then I have to sign in again and again.
- —Guest woffleman
Finds my SSID but not my IP address
- I have a WiFi adapter that picks up someone else's SSID [router or wireless network name] and works just fine... but it will not work with my own router. It finds the SSID but does not [connect to] the IP address.
- —Guest derek vandenhoudt
Cannot play Halo 2 on Xbox Live
- i just got my Xbox 360, refurbished, and i bought an Xbox 360 account from one of the cards or whatever. There is nothing wrong with the connection, not Live, the computer connection, Windows Media Center, etc. and it keeps sending me to a troubleshoot menu which is to test these. i have done it several times but never once have been successful in trying to play a game on Live. It's Halo 2, but i still think it should work on Xbox Live with a 360... [ed.: Note that Halo 2 can no longer be played on Xbox Live as of April 15th 2010 - see http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/xboxlive/v1gamesfaq.aspx]
- —Guest Ben
Connecting via a PC LAN port not working
- I can connect my Xbox to Xbox Live via the LAN port on my netbook. The netbook is connected to the net wirelessly, I have another PC on my network, but when I try to connect the Xbox to that LAN port, it won't connect to Xbox live, The netbook and other PC are configured the same, but only the netbook connection works.
- —Guest Tony J