Disconnects at random times
- I have a wireless adapter for my Xbox (single stem) that I was given by a friend. It has worked fine for over a year, but now I'm lucky if it can connect for 10 minutes. Every so often it works fine, but the next day it disconnects every 2-5 minutes. It's so frustrating when I try to play with friends online. All it says is that there isn't an adapter plugged in or that it simply just can't connect.. My sister's Xbox, my laptop and the main computer all work fine.
- —Guest doug
Xbox 360 wireless router stopped working
- After I downloaded the Xbox system update, my wireless adapter is no longer being read by the Xbox. No light or anything comes on. It was working fine, and then when I was typing in my Xbox live code, it disconnected and the Xbox will no longer read it.
- —Guest Campbell
Xbox Live doesn't update
- It says there is an update to play online. I say "accept"... and as soon as it starts updating, it says failed "you have to test your connection." I test it and it now says "cannot connect to the Internet."
- —Guest JokerZA
Fails first step of network connect test
- My wired internet is connected to my Xbox by the ethernet cable. When I connect to the same thing with my laptop, it asks for the password that you must have in order to connect to it. My Xbox doesnt even ask for it, but in the available networks it shows up. When I do the network connection test, it doesn't even pass the first step... .
- —Guest matt
Works but lagging badly
- I did an [Internet] speed test from my lapto while the Xbox was on. My ping is 14ms, my download speed is 22.77 mbps and upload speed 3.74 mbps ... working perfectly. But when I use my Xbox and try to play, it just lags so horribly I can't even move.
- —Guest jhery
DNS Errors When Connected to Wi-Fi
- My Xbox 360 keeps saying something about DNS settings, and when I follow the directions to fix it, it still doesn't work.
- —Guest Dee
Xbox Says I Have the Wrong Password
- I have recently switched routers, and now my Xbox won't connect. It says I have the wrong password, but I know it is right. All my other devices connect with no problems.
- —Guest jon
Wrong password for Wi-Fi
- My Xbox wont let me connect to the Wifi, but it works for the Ethernet cable. I have my router in my room, so I'm trying to play in the living room with the Wifi. It wont let me on. It says I have the wrong password. But I've done it millions of times, and I know for sure that it's the right password... .
- —Guest pelon
Fail in the hostel, works somewhere else
- I have an Xbox 360 and Live in a hostel - there is 1 router and modem for 14 ppl. My xbox connects via wireless but just stopped working a couple of days ago. It connects to the Internet but not to Xbox Live. I tried it on a wired connection, but it still didn't work. My friend has an Xbox in the same building and it works fine - it would appear that it is only my Xbox being affected by this. Then to top it all off, I took my Xbox out of the building and tried it some where else and it worked... then tried again back at my hostel and again it doesn't work... The only thing I can think is that someone in here has messed with the router settings... .
- —Guest louis27810
Was working fine yesterday
- Xbox Live was fine yesterday. Today it won't connect - says needs security key - I don't remember it.
- —Guest george
Recognizes the wifi, stopped connecting
- I was just recently playing online, until I got disconnected. I thought this was normal due to my poor connection... until I tried managing my connection. My wifi was working fine but, somehow, I could not connect.
- —Guest raven
Xbox Live connect and disconnect
- My Internet signal is good, but on Xbox Live I disconnect every 3 to 5 minutes... even if I'm using wired connection right into the modem.
- —Guest Tj snow
Long delays in sending invites
- I turned on my console. When I invited anyone, it took a long time... .
- —Guest ???
Can't restore the connection
- I've always been able to play on Xbox Live, but one time I accidentally disconnected from my network so I deselected it and entered in my WPA2 password. The Xbox confirms that it's correct, but it doesn't automatically find my IP address. I've entered it in manually, and that was no good. It says I'm unable to connect to my network.
- —Guest Savager
Can't get from Wi-Fi to the Internet
- My Xbox 360 won't connect to the Internet, but it says I'm connected to the WiFi. I've tried turning off the router, but I still don't see a change.
- —Guest Alex