360 Elite won't connect after re-plug
- I took out my wireless adapter from the back of my Elite, plugged it in the next day, and now it stopped working entirely. It wouldn't find my network, but it found my neighbor's, and even one I don't even know who the owner is. I tried to specify a network, it found it then, but now it refuses to connect to my router. I've tried moving the console, resetting everything and still get nothing.
- —Guest That doesn't know what went wrong
Does the Xbox controller matter?
- The person who entered the new Xbox Live access code used his own controller, and when he left he took his controller with him. When I tried to get back on Xbox Live, it gave me an error. It won't connect to my Wifi. I tried retesting. Would it be the reason that he used his controller? [Ed.: No]
- —Guest Confused!!!
Game update broke wireless
- My wireless has always worked fine, but after downloading the newest update for COD Black Ops 2, my Xbox 360 slim (the one with the built in wireless receiver) won't pick up any wireless networks and is telling me to get a Wi-Fi adapter receiver.
- —Guest adam
Other devices conflicting with Xbox link
- When I'm on Xbox LIVE (connected via a dual band router with the Xbox on its own connection) and I'm the only one using the Internet, it works perfectly. But as soon as someone else in the house connects wirelessly to the Internet, such as from an Ipad, I instantly get a 1-2 bar connection on Xbox LIVE and it doesn't go away. I have also tried using the Xbox with a wired connection and i am still getting the same results.
My ISP did it
- My Wifi just got updated by AT&T, and now I can't connect to the Wifi when everything else in my house can.
- —Guest Cole
Connected to the Internet but not LIVE
- One day i turned on my Xbox 360, and it wouldn't connect to LIVE. I tested the connection, and it connected me to the wireless network and the Internet but not Xbox LIVE. It's been doing this for 2 weeks now, and I tried everything in xbox.com/connection-help. Yesterday, my Xbox randomly connected to Xbox LIVE and was working perfectly. But, when I turned it off later and turned it on the next day, it wouldn't connect again for the same reason.
- —Guest Jake
Wireless fails but so does wired
- At first I tried using a wireless adapter and put in the correct password but it would not work. (Yes, it is the correct password, and i know this because every oter system uses the same Wi-Fi router.) Then I tried a wired connection (by bridging my laptop to my Xbox), but it wont work either.
- —Guest Ryan
My Xbox 360 Elite can't pick up a signal
- My Xbox uses a wireless adapter for Wi-Fi, but suddenly when I try now the adapter light stays red. My mate used my adapter on his Xbox and it ran fine, so the adapter works - it's my Xbox (that's the problem).
- —Guest that is confused
Stopped connecting randomly
- My Xbox just stopped randomly won't connect to Live just a couple of days ago. It shows me connected to my router with ZERO BARS, but when I search for other networks it shows the bars fine. This randomly happened, and I can't find anything related to it.
- —Guest Garrett
Multiple device conflicts
- When I'm on Xbox LIVE (connected with double stem wireless) it works perfectly, but as soon as someone else in the house connects to any other device that uses the Internet such as PCs, laptops or the TV, I instantly get 1 bar connection on Xbox LIVE and it doesn't go away. :/
- —Guest Josh
Taking too long to find games on Live
- I had a great connection, but recently my router Internet connection on my 360 dropped drastically. I hate it - 30 minutes to find a game. I mean, come on... .
- —Guest Bobaloo
Only worked when disabling security
- I have just bought a new Xbox 360 and spent some time trying to connect it to the wireless router. It detects the house network, and I can put my password into it (and it is the correct password), but it still won't connect to the Internet (the automatic IP and DNS server are still 0.0.0.0 after putting the password in). I tried setting it up manually with help from the Xbox Live website, but that hasn't helped either. I then decided to disable the security password and try the Xbox again, this time it worked. ... Not sure what could be causing it not to connect with the correct password for the router. I don't really want to have an unsecure wireless network.
- —Guest Bruce
False error message from online game
- Recently it has been taking a long time to connect to Xbox Live for the online gaming on Call of Duty MW3. this has been going on about 2 weeks now. it gives me the error "Call of Duty server is down - please go online to blah blah blah" But I know that the server isn't down.
- —Guest Jacob
Connected to Internet but not to Live
- I can't connect to Live. I go onto network settings... click on test Live connection, and it goes to Xbox Live and stops and says my console is connected to the Internet but not to Live.
- —Guest karl
- Every time I shut off my Xbox and then go to turn it back on, it won't connect to my Internet. I don't know what the heck is wrong with it, but it does this every time.
- —Guest marinekjlkjlkj