Dropped off Live during trip to Walmart
- I was on my Xbox 1 hour ago and went to Walmart to buy a points card. It took me 30 minutes. When I got home I got on my xbox and it wouldn't let me on. No one was on my account, which i confirmed, so i kept turning on and off my router and modem for 30 seconds. I also tried making a guest network from my Netgear router. Still not working! Although from time to time my router changes its NAT Type to open to moderate. So then i changed to my brothers Xbox and tried there using my account. It let me on! I did the network testing thing and it said router = connected, wireless = connected, then Xbox Live = not connected (but italso says service: Up Marketplace: Up Accounts: Up Matchmaking: Up). I just want to get on and download the new Minecraft!
- —Guest Brock
Multi party chat doesn't work
- I have Xbox 360 only (limited laptop access) and wi fi. I can get on Xbox live and chat to one friend who has wifi but with modem plugged directly into their Xbox. But I cannot chat with another friend at the same time. He has wifi but not plugged directly to his xbox. I am with bigpond [Internet provider]
- —Guest lynda
Xbox vs Netgear standoff
- My Xbox refuses to connect to my Netgear router. No matter what I do, it simply will not connect to the Internet.
- —Guest RexDane
Will not work for certain games
- Ever since I got Skyrim, that game and all games bought after would not connect to Xbox live. I am still able to connect via the dashboard, but I am unable to connect ingame with games such as Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, and any other new game. I am also unable to get any achievements in any of my games anymore.
- —Guest Frank
WAP-to-WEP pass security key
- I got my son [an] Xbox 360 at Christmas and have been trying to connect since then. It [the router] won't take [my] security password. For [a] Zylex wireless [router, I was told I need a WEP password instead of a WAP which is the password for my wireless. How do I change it? [A: The router must be re-configured to use WAP, or else a valid WEP password must be entered on the 360.]
360 not working with a Netgear
- When I hooked up my Xbox and my wireless router, testing my Xbox 360 live connections didn't work, even when I followed all the directions. The wireless router is Netgear, and the guy at Walmart even told me it would be able to connect onto my Xbox and it will work really good.
- —Guest felicia
Unplug workaround doesn't work anymore
- About 1 month ago my Xbox worked fine. Now when I log in, it says "cannot connect to Xbox Live." So I go unplug my Internet cable, then plug it back in, and I go back and it still does not work. Before when I had that trouble, reconnecting like this worked, but now it doesn''t. So I don't know what to do.
- —Guest mad
Disconnects after 10 minutes
- I can turn it on, but it won't let me play anything. After 10 minutes it disconnects.
- —Guest Divine viper
It started by being dropped from a party
- I was playing online and in a party. It kept saying that the party was disconnecting, so I went to test the connection - it connected to the Internet but not Xbox Live
- —Guest jonboy74
Xbox Wi-Fi eventjally stops working
- I'm staying at a camp for my job, we get free Wi-Fi. My Xbox will work fine for a few days then won't connect for the rest of the week. Then when I come back after 4 days off, it works again then stops working.
- —Guest AppleSauze
Worst Internet provider, ever
- I have the worst internet provider ever. The router sucks. No matter what device I use, the internet modem that came from the provider (is also the Wifi router) keeps disconnecting from the Internet, and I have to go into the modem/router setting to restart the damn thing. It varies on how long I use it before it disconnects. I have my Xbox 360 bridge connected with my laptop (if you don't know what that is - Wifi--->laptop-->cable-->xbox360). It's simple and woks, but the Internet provider SUCKS!
- —Guest Colonel Sanders
Failed to join Left for Dead 2
- Every time on my game LFD2 I try to play online, it say "failed to join setting up a private match" or something like that. LFD1 works online, it's just the second one that keeps saying failed... .
- —Guest Drumma Junky
Can't connect first time
- I have always had this problem. I turn on my xbox, It isn't connected to xbox live and then I have to go and test connection and after a while of testing it connects.
- —Guest Clueless
Connects to Belkin router as guest only
- My Xbox 360 will not connect unless I connect as a guest. I have a Belkin router, and it gives me two options - regular connection and the guest one. I can't access my computer from the Xbox, since it won't connect except through guest connection :(.
- —Guest Carrie Anne
A tool for testing Xbox network ports
- You can test the ports needed for Xbox Live using Firebind's port testing app for Xbox - www.firebind.com/xbox
- —Guest ProtocolGeek