It works only occasionally
- Why does my Xbox Live work perfect one day then the next it doesn't work for a week? I always look forward to playing with my friends online, but it would go months without being able to connect with Xbox Live. It shows that my Wifi is perfectly fine when I check, but it doesn't want to connect. (BTW, I have Xfinity Wireless, if it helps). The worst of it all - I feel like its wasting the money I paid to have Xbox Live... .
- —Guest miranda
PS3 worked great but not Xbox Live
- My Xbox cannot connect to Xbox Live. I run the connection test - everything works fine and then gets to Xbox Live and then fails. Everything else in the house connects fine I have had enough of the machine people say Xbox is better than PS3 and I agree for the online play, but when it comes to the console itself, PS3 wins hands down. I have a fat one for like 5-6 years, no problem. I switched to Xbox two years ago - nothing but problems, constantly freezing and losing connection. It's a losing battle. I want to continue playing it, but everyone will agree that when you have had a hard day at school college etc. u want to chill play Xbox and the damn thing doesn't work. It only connects when it wants to connect. It started of not playing on certain days and recently has changed to only working at certain hours. I have tried wired, turning the modem off... .
- —Guest Jamie
Good Internet, Slow Play
- I just bought a new house, and got (wireless) Internet a few weeks ago. The signal is incredibly strong; 5 times stronger than at my last place. However, when I try to play COD online it glitches like crazy. My last connection wasn't nearly as strong and I never had lagging problems, but now that I have super fast Internet, I do. Whats wrong? Is it the bandwidth? I'm lost... [Ed.: Not bandwidth, but latency. See bandwidth and latency articles on site.]
- —Guest Mike
Connected to wireless, but not online
- I bought a refurbished 360 to replace our old one. We can get on Linksys but can no longer connect to the Internet, so we can't get on Xbox Live. The old Xbox could connect with no problem... .
- —Guest Chris
Xbox Live update kills Wifi
- After updating on Xbox Live, my 360s would no longer connect to Wifi even though no settings had been changed. I am no expert at these things but am far from novice, and after checking settings in the router/modem and trying many suggestions on multiple forums i decided to try updating my son's 360s and now niether of us can connect to Wifi. So most definitely a bug in the update, I suspect.
- —Guest FattSlim
- My Xbox won't accept my new router password from Comcast...
- —Guest bubba
Stopped connecting to Live one day
- My son's Xbox 360 never had a problem connecting to Xbox Live, and then one day about two months ago, it wouldn't connect to LIVE. When I tested the connection, it wouldn't connected to the wireless network. I called Centurylink, my internet provider, to check my interned, but they could find no problems since my laptops and cell phones are connecting to the Wi-fi. As a last resort, I returned the wireless adapter, not realizing I would lose all of my son's [connection setting] data, and bought a new one, but I still cannot connect to the Internet or the Xbox live, and I have lost his username, etc.
- —Guest Frustrated Mom
Xbox 360 Slim won't connect
- The other day my Xbox 360 Slim wouldn't connect to my Wifi, so I unplugged the router and plugged it back in and it was fine. But yesterday it did the same thing. Now, my computer and iPod Touch along with my iPad, are perfectly connected but my Xbox still wont connect to the Internet... and can't even connect t the router even though it can find it. My carrier is AT&T.
- —Guest Braymaster
IP address failures
- At&t has been messing with my Internet. Its finally back up... but my Xbox ignores my computer's IP address.
- —Guest that hates technology
Sign on through pay-as-you-go service
- I am on a caravan site - must purchase data plans to use Wi-Fi. I can connect PCs or iPads but have to enter a network name then a userid and password, which are all provided when purchasing data. However, when trying to connect my Xbox, I cannot connect to the Internet... .
- —Guest edwardthe4th
Changed access points
- I hooked my Xbox to my cousin's Wi-Fi, and now it won't work on mine.
- —Guest Julian
Multiple devices cause lag
- We have very fast Internet and I play perfect online when only my Xbox is on, but when any other device connects, I start to lag and can't chat too much. Comcast sucks.
- —Guest Mike
- I was playing on Xbox Live when it said i was "disconnected from Xbox Live." So I tried network troubleshooting, but it wouldn't work.
- —Guest ewan
Suddenly loses router connection
- For some reason, my Xbox has lost its ability to find my router. It does sometimes pick it up, then loses it instantly. I have also tried resetting all information, but that still doesn't work.
- —Guest George
Dealing with strict NAT
- My Xbox says the NAT is strict and to change settings to UPnP.
- —Guest lascob4u