From the article: Suggested Networking Projects for Students
Are you a student looking for ideas on computer networking term projects? An instructor looking for suggestions to offer their class? School projects in networking may involve areas like
- design - determining optimal configurations and tuning for different types of networks
- performance - measuring network speed under varying conditions
- security - assessing the effectiveness of techniques to protect networks from attack
Security advice of hackers
- I thought that if we meet a great hacker, we can secure our email, web site, social accounts, etc. Because hackers know how to hack email, for example, they also know how to save email accounts from hackers. So my dear friends if you meet any hacker, try to learn from them for security purposes (but don't learn how to hack an account).
Database of troubleshooting in networks
- I would like to collect all the common errors and problems that occur in networking, As its plays an important role for an network administrator.
- —Guest riya
A network design project
- Hi, my name is Rajaram, i'm doing a course on networking, and had a project with the following description... Requirements • At least 50 PCs • At least two different rooms separated by floors or more than 100 Meters • At least 10 PCs requiring higher speed networking • At least 10 WAN connected PCs • At least one server • Security / Cost / Speed / (Pick at least 2 as Major/Minor considerations) • All cabling/media considerations • All connectivity device considerations • At least one variation/alternative • Cost is always an issue (be able to justify expenses)
- —Guest raja777m
- A suggestion - Numerical Algorithms for parallel computers using C or C++ programming.
Computer Networking Engineering
- I have been into the field and found [networking] very helpful to every body all over the nation. With the help of this [technology], IT people can communicate all over the world.
- —Guest ISAH A ABDULMUMUNI
Creating a Web site
- I'd like to create a Web site that serves as a shopping platform for all the products produced by a particular organisation.
New network protocol design
- I would like to create new protocol i.e avoids all problems of TCP UDP
- —Guest Vikram
Configuring computers to work as routers
- Configuring a system to work as a router is a good hands-on work. And you can also try to configure for a firewall, NAT, etc.
- —Guest Abhinay Vishwakarma
Projects for free Bluetooth phone calls
- Try this: Ideas for making phone calls on mobiles through Bluetooth without paying any charges.
- —Guest Mohit
Expanding a network
- I'm looking for some basic ideas on how to expand your network with high quality. I am an undergraduate. -Nitisha
- —Guest elilta tewelde
Network alerts project
- I have been given a project to trigger an email whenever a problem arises in a network. I have no idea where to start and how to proceed, however.
- I would be interested to see project ideas for developing new software on Linux.
Some project ideas (networks + security)
- Can try the following on networking and security. 1. Deploy and configure a webserver and it's dependency on DNS server 2. Usage of packet injector tools 3. Design and develop a port scanner 4. Attacking a WLAN network with minimal and no security 5. Design and develop a UDP bomb software. 6. Study on Issues and mitigations of the ARP protocol 7. NAT issues with IPSec.
- —Guest sachin
How about tracking devices?
- I would be interested in tracking devices... how are they installed and are there any limitations on them.
- —Guest marline
Some basic topic areas
- You can look into LAN/MAN/WAN, network interface cards, microwave towers... .
- —Guest neenu
1-15 of 18Next