1. Computing

Bradley Mitchell

About 192.168.0.1

By January 14, 2007

| Definition | The IP address 192.168.0.1 is a default for some D-Link, Netgear and other home broadband routers and similar types of network equipment. 192.168.0.1 is a private IP address useful on a local home network or business intranet.
→ See also 192.168.1.1, a popular alternative
Comments
November 14, 2007 at 4:15 pm
(1) Alan Armstrong says:

Good info yet I have a Question, my computer has 192.168.0.1 for an IP and my lap top has 192.168.1.1 yet my Linksys box still sees them as one computer therefore I cannot go on the internet at the same time with both units. Any ideas to correct?

November 18, 2007 at 3:00 am
(2) compnetworking says:

Most commonly, this problem occurs when a router and the computers do not all have the same network mask set.

In your case I would recommend you check the network mask on your Linksys box and the computers and have it set to 255.255.0.0 to see if that resolves the problem.

January 16, 2008 at 1:10 am
(3) mark says:

im on the same IP address 192.168.0.1 WITH NETGEAR. I’ve got two desktops (xp) and a laptop (vista home basic). the desktops are connected to the wireless router via cables and have no wireless cards and can talk to each other. the laptop connects to the router wirelessly but cannot detect the networked desktops or vice versa. can you advise me on how to link the laptop to my home network wirelesly via the router?

January 28, 2008 at 2:13 pm
(4) Tracy Sellers says:

I have had it up to here(hold hand over head) with this Netgear Router. My laptop with a Netgear Wireless Adapter can see the router, but can’t handshake with it. And my desktop system can’t see a thing with the RJ45 cable. Something has to be done about this. Pepole are going to start walking away from wireless and keep the hardwire.

May 21, 2008 at 11:20 pm
(5) jw says:

D-Link

December 26, 2008 at 4:03 pm
(6) luke says:

i need help with connecting my ps3 to the internet some times doesnt do ip addresse but now it is not connectin to the dns server

December 27, 2008 at 12:34 am
(7) Nadia says:

Having problems getting Mac IP address to show up on xbox 360 live. IP address keeps changing. Anyone know how to get Mac router (apple) to recognize this?

January 26, 2009 at 1:23 pm
(8) adefunbi says:

Anytime i tried to connect my laptop to my home computer it doesnt work and it will said check your security settings

February 14, 2009 at 1:04 pm
(9) Dboy says:

i just want to get MY WEP KEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 18, 2009 at 12:38 pm
(10) Shannon Matheson says:

I just recently purchased a D-Link router for my home. I have a lap top at home that connects with no issues. I also have a lap top that I use for work. When I attempt to access my wireless network with my work lap top, it says that it’s connected with little or no connectivity. I contacted D-Link with no help. I just realized this morning that the work lap top has Black Ice PC Protection and it is listing “Events” with the D-Link IP address. Any ideas on how I might be able to access my home wireless network with my work lap top?

June 28, 2009 at 4:34 pm
(11) Ember says:

I have a D-link DI-524 and has already a wireless connection but is asking me for a password which i forgot. How can I go a about using this device with a new connection ?

July 19, 2009 at 6:10 am
(12) shynn says:

whats the reason when i enter the 192.168.0.1 and when i type the username admin.. i always get unauthorized?

April 17, 2010 at 9:01 am
(13) alia says:

how do i get my wep key please someone tell me!!!!!!!!!

December 15, 2010 at 6:32 pm
(14) pendora says:

someone PLEASE help me I need to find my SSID # and NOBODY is helping me from netgear